POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) : Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 4 Mar 2001 08:04:31
Message: <3aa23d5f@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann schrieb in Nachricht <3AA23504.E1B7CE31@gmx.de>...

>Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, but this scene does not take all to long (3 hours for a 640x480)
on
>> my PII 450 MHz. I'll make the bigger version overnight, that should not
take
>> more than 12 hours, I think.
>
>I'm sure we could increase that :-)

Easily - some smooth media should do the job :-)

There is one thing I'm thinking about for a while. If I would 'fill some
water' (a rippled disc or another isosurface) in my bucket and use photons -
would I get a noticeable result an the bucket itself, the bird or the upper
part of the well? I'll probably have to try one day, but I think I'll wait
until I have bought myself a faster computer. Should also increase the
render time quite a bit.

The new version is finished BTW you can have a look at
http://marc-hendrik.bremer.bei.t-online.de/bilder/brunnenhell.jpg

Is it sunny enough?

Marc-Hendrik